March 16, 2009

A baby cow is called ...

Answer: A Calf
Brooke's Answer: "Brookey!!"

Grandma and Grandpa Nickell named one of their baby calf's Brooke this spring because it was born on the 11th of last month. They emailed us pictures of her (see below) and Brooke LOVES looking at them. Now every time she sees a calf (which happens often around here, on journals, at the vet school, etc), she says, "it's Brookey!" Tonight when we were reading her animal book, I asked her what the baby cow was called and her answer was of course, "Brookey!" I'm slightly concerned my daughter identifies herself with a calf so much, but I'm sure she'll be fine!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Grandma and I think it's great that Brookey the calf has a name similar to her new owner.Looking forward to watching both of them grow and play this year on their two(or four) strong legs.
Steve